LibreOffice is a free and open-source office suite that lets you create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and other types of files. This office suite was created in 2010 based on the OpenOffice.org project that has evolved over many years.
LibreOffice is supported by a community of developers who are working on improving functionality and fixing bugs. In this article, we will look at the main features of LibreOffice and the advantages of using it.
What's in the package
- Word processor Writer, which provides many options for creating and editing text documents. Writer supports many file formats, including Microsoft Word formats, and allows you to use a variety of fonts, styles, and text formatting. In addition, Writer has a built-in dictionary, autocorrection, and auto-completion of words, which simplifies the process of writing documents.
- Calc is a program that allows you to create and edit spreadsheets. Calc supports many functions and formulas, including sorting, filtering, and grouping data. In addition, Calc allows you to import and export data from various file formats, including Microsoft Excel formats.
- Impress is a program that allows you to create and edit presentations. Impress lets you add text, images, animations, and other elements to your presentation slides. In addition, Impress has many features for customizing slide design and order.
- Base program, with which you can create and work with databases. Base allows you to create tables, queries, forms and reports, as well as import and export data from various file formats.
- Draw program that allows you to create and edit charts and graphs. Draw supports various types of charts, including column, pie, and line charts. In addition, Draw allows you to add text, images, and other elements to charts and graphs.
Benefits of using LibreOffice
One of the main advantages of the program is that it is free. You can download and use this office suite for free, with no limits on the number of users or computers.
LibreOffice is based on open source. This means that you can view and modify the program code to suit your needs. This allows developers and users to customize the program to suit their needs and improve its functionality.
LibreOffice supports many file formats, including Microsoft Office formats, allowing users to easily share documents with other users using other office suites.
LibreOffice supports many languages, making it accessible to users from different countries and regions of the world.
LibreOffice has a user-friendly user interface that makes it easy for users to find the features and tools they need to work with documents.
LibreOffice is a powerful and free open-source office suite that provides many options for creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and other types of files. It has a number of advantages, such as free, open source, compatibility with other office suites, support for many languages, and a convenient user interface.
LibreOffice is backed by a community of developers who work on feature enhancements and bug fixes to provide users with a reliable and user-friendly document management tool.